These cannabis caramels are so easy to make. You’ll ask yourself why you haven’t made this recipe before.
You can use light or dark brown sugar based on your preference. You can also make the caramels harder or softer, by adjusting the temperature you cook them until. The firm-ball stage is around 242-248F. Higher than 248F will make them harder. Lower will make them softer.
Be sure to invest in a good candy thermometer. They make a huge difference.
Yield: 60 candies (depending on size)
Time: 30 minutes
1 cup cannabis butter
2 1/4 cups brown sugar (light or dark)
1 cup light corn syrup
1 (14) ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Dash of coarse/sea salt
- Melt cannabis butter over medium-low heat
- Add brown sugar and salt; stir until combined
- Stir in light corn syrup
- Gradually add milk; whisk/stir constantly until incorporated into mixture
- Cook over medium-low heat, until the caramels reach firm-ball stage (245F); about 12 to 15 min; stir as little as possible; mixture will gently bubble
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla immediately
- Pour into parchment/waxed paper lined pan or your favorite candy mold
- Let cool, dash with salt, and then cut into individual pieces
- Use small pieces of wax paper to wrap your candies
You can spray your knife with cooking oil to help them not stick when cutting. Candy molds work great as well. Just be careful not to burn yourself. They will be extremely hot. You must also work fast after you remove from stove. The mixture will begin to harden after a minute or two.
You can dip them in Cannabis Infused Chocolate if you so desire as well.